Thursday, May 26, 2016

Canada trip - Day fourteen

Home at Last! The girls are sleeping off the trip and getting ready for Fiddler's Grove, so dad will finish the blog. First let me say how proud I am of my precious daughters. Despite getting strep throat and being plunged into an unknown environment with new people and situations, they were absolutely wonderful. This has been an amazing trip for all of us. Thanks also to Roger and Karen Rinker who have given their lives to serve the native peoples of Canada.

On Tuesday, we presented another seven programs at the Sunchild school. Afterward, Rodger cooked us an amazing dinner, then drove us three hours to Edmonton where we awaited an early flight Wednesday morning. After flying back to NC via Toronto, we are finally home. What wonderful memories we have! Thank you all for your prayers and your interest in what is going on here at Sunchild First Nation.

Bucky Thornburg, our elementary P.E. teacher, used to take us on this bear hunt. It terrified me! But then, Mr. Thornburg always terrified me, even when he wasn’t taking us on the bear hunt. Since I’m not that scary, I had to rely on some choice minor chords by my piano accompaniment to deliver the thrills.



The kids absolutely loved the trick fiddling. So, this time we came up with a new trick just before the kids came in. It was fun! 


The Ballad of Old Blue. I learned this one from my dad, who sang it to us when we were kids. I figured the kids here would like it too. I was right!








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for videos! They really show how much the children are hungry for attention and love, and how y'all were meeting that need.

Brittany said...

I love the new trick!!