Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Congo Week 2

Week 2 was packed!  We have chapel service every morning.  This is really special.  Sunday morning we had worship service and all of us who don't know the language crowded around the only english interpreter.  He spoke very softly so I only caught parts of the sermon. Still, it was a really nice service.

Sunday Night Live!  We had a great time singing, talking, playing games, giving testimonies and lots of music.



I love all the letters that came with me to the Congo - from my family and friends.  I am very thankful to Heidi, Hope and Greta who wrote me a letter to open every day I'm here.  Thanks to them my wall looks like this:

I began a more regular routine this week.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I will be homeschooling the Samoutou children.  Their parents are the eye doctor and nurse who work here at the hospital.  They will be leaving later this summer to return to Hong Kong and raise support for a separate eye clinic in another part of Congo.  I love this family!  They are wonderful.



It seems that all the babies born here are preemies and sick preemies.  I love the babies!  They are precious.  I hope to work with Kate a bit in the maternity ward before I leave.



On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Faith and I are cleaning and doing inventory in the pharmacy.  It desperately needs it!  I also help Justine with physical therapy, help Dr. Loes a bit and do whatever I'm asked to do. 

Here was a very fast ride into town with Dr. Henri. 

Here is a video of my and Rebekah's end of the house


Motorcycle lessons:  I have very strict instructions to never get on one. :)  I'll try not to Dad!





Baby Benoni and Faith


My home for five weeks.


Gorgeous sunset!!


Cool plant that folds in on itself when you touch it.  It distracts me so much when I'm walking from one place to another.  I want to stop and touch them all!



The flowers here look unreal, they are so beautiful!




Ambulance practice session with Dr. Harvey! I got to ride home in the ambulance.




Game night!  We're playing Egyptian Ratscrew.


Next week will be much the same with homeschooling and finishing the pharmacy plus lots of other things to fill in the time.  I miss everyone at home but I love it here!

No comments: