Monday, July 17, 2017

Congo Week 3

Joyce, Dr. Henri's wife, if SO SWEET!!!  She made us brownies and muffins and jello for the 4th of July!  She is such an amazing person to even think of doing something like that for us, since she is super stressed out right now, and trying to get their family ready to move. But she still makes us snacks and has us over for Bible studies and things.
"Even in the worst times of life, these are the things that keep us going.  Brownies make us feel alive!"

Karis is a wonderful homeschool student.  I love her and her siblings!
 The wifi has been out most of the week.  Dr. Henri finally got it fixed.  Yay!!
I learned how to take vital signs and blood pressure and I got to take out several IVs.  I got to assist with a baby delivery (and yes, I did a lot more than just watch).  That made me more certain I do not want to be a midwife.  And WE FINISHED THE PHARMACY!! Now I'm actually doing medical things.  Basically, I've had a great week!
Paige learning to clean a fish for the first time.



My little friend.  I don't know her name - I don't know who her mother is and when I ask her to tell me her name, she just laughs and gives me a fist bump!

In my scrubs for the first time in Congo!!!!


Thank you Kennedy girls for a beautiful wall while I'm away from home. I love you all!

Dr. Loes.  

Dr. Noe
Dr. Loes is from Arizona and Dr. Noe is from DRC.  They are the best of friends.  We call them the dynamic duo - they are hilarious together - our comic relief team!

Great News!
Over the past few days, we have seen a big improvement in Justine!  She has been walking around a lot and actually smiled for us the other day!  Faith and I taught her how to do the handclap to Miss Mary Mack and she actually did it a few times after she saw the other kids having so much fun with it.  Also, her mother has been a lot more gentle with her.  

She was in church this morning, in her wheelchair, with her sister and brother and mother.  When to portion of the service came for people to share Bible verses or testimonies, Justine's mother got up and said she wanted to thank God for saving Justine and for her fast healing!  We were all so surprised and happy and most of us cried.  Up until the last few days, her mother has been really detached and harsh with her.  It was so amazing!
Justine

No comments: